PDF text editor built for simplicity
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||PDF is a one of the most popular formats. It’s full name is Portable Document Format. The reason PDF is so widely used is its ability to preserve original document formatting. It looks the same on any screen. This means you can view and share PDF document with any app and print it with any machine.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to guide
How to edit the text in a PDF
- Open altoeditpdftext.com using any browser you want.
- Use Drag and drop option or Choose a file button to the platform.
- Сlick on the content you want to change.
- Start typing and deleting information with no character restrictions.
- Click Done and download your edited document.
The Ultimate Features Comparison Chart
To make the right decision and avoid the tedious search process, take a look at the comparison chart below, and choose the solution that best fits your personal and business needs. Find all the ins and outs in just a few minutes.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
How To Edit Text a PDF File
How to edit the text in a PDF online
To edit the text in a PDF online, you need to find a solution that’s available in any browser. AltoPDF comes in handy for everybody who works with PDFs on a daily basis, regardless of the operating system they usually use. Edit on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC, using only an internet connection.
No need to install an app or buy extra software. Take a look at the brief guide below to get started:
- Find our website. Follow the link altoeditpdftext.com in your preferred browser.
- Upload a file. Browse for your document on your device or upload it from the cloud.
- Choose content to edit. Click on content you want to change.
- Add text to a PDF for free. Click somewhere on the page and start typing to add information.
- Finish. Click Done in the upper corner and download the document.
Once you've finished, the server automatically deletes any data you uploaded and updated. Be rest assured that your files are safe from third parties. AltoPDF is a free solution that you can use from anywhere, anytime.
How to edit text in a PDF in Google Chrome
Chrome is one of the most popular browsers on the market right now because it gives users what they love. The ability to find free tools for just about anything. For example, you can get a free PDF text editor in just a few clicks. Take your online document management to the next level. Take advantage of AltoPDF.
Follow the instructions below to edit text in a PDF in Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome. Type altoEditPDFText into your search bar and hit enter.
- Add a document. Upload a file from your device or the cloud.
- Insert content. Using the available tools, add new information to the document.
- Download the new document. Save the changes by clicking Done.
- Repeat. Upload and enhance another document.
If you need to edit text in a PDF, use AltoPDF. Upload, change, and save as many files as you like without paying a dime. In addition, Chrome is not the only browser you are able to use our service in. AltoPDF is 100% web-based and accessible from any browser on any device, 24/7.
How to edit text in a PDF in Windows
A web-based solution is suitable for any operating system. Therefore, Windows users can edit PDF text online utilizing AltoPDF, a free web-based solution. Without extra software or a costly app, modify content for free in clicks and easily share your new files with recipients. Get the most out of an online editor and access the tools you need for managing documents from anywhere.
Modify documents in Windows by following the instructions below:
- Get started. Make sure your connection to the internet is strong and go to altoeditpdftext.com.
- Upload a file. Add a document by clicking Choose a File.
- Type anything. Click somewhere on any page to replace the old content or add new one.
- Save the changes. Click Done to save and download your new file.
Not very many operating systems are prone to handling PDFs without additional software helping out. AltoPDF is the solution to that problem. Edit the text in a PDF in seconds without being limited by the number of edits you can make or the number of files you can upload per day. Do more for less, right from your computer or smartphone from anywhere.
How to edit text in a PDF in macOS
Take advantage of a simple but powerful PDF text editor. AltoPDF provides users with the ability to change and add text to a PDF for free. To get started, you don't have to spend time on creating an account. Just upload a file from your device or the cloud and add new content to it using the editor's tools.
Manage files and edit the text in a PDF in macOS;
- Go to AltoPDF. Open altoeditpdftext.com in your preferred browser.
- Find a file in Portable Document Format. Choose the document you want to fill out and upload it using the Choose a File button.
- Make changes. Select the content you want to replace and start typing.
- Finish. Save the edits by clicking Done and download your new file.
AltoPDF is a web-based editor that helps you professionally work with PDFs without forcing you to register an account, watch ads, or pay. Upload as many forms or contracts as you want without restrictions and download them to your device or the cloud.
How to edit text in a PDF in Adobe Reader
Adobe is one of the most popular document management solutions, offering both free and paid tools. Unfortunately, editing is included in the paid subscription, but if your’re concerned only with adding new content, you can do it for free using the Fill&Sign feature. This is a basic PDF text editor feature available to everyone. The instructions below are going to explain how to add text to a PDF using Acrobat Reader for free. If you're interested, take a look.
- Open the app. If you haven't installed it, visit the Adobe website first to download the app and register an account.
- Add a document. Click on the plus symbol to upload a file and open it.
- Choose a tool. Select the Fill&Sign tool by clicking on the pen symbol.
- Add new information. Tap anywhere on the document and start typing.
- Save the changes. Click on the checkmark in the upper menu to finish editing.
While Adobe Reader has a few free functions for adding information, it's still a single-tasking solution that has little to offer if you don’t pay for a full subscription. Avoid this with the free web-based solution AltoPDF, which can do everything Acrobat does and more, without forcing you to install software or register an account.
How to edit text in a PDF on mobile
How often do you find yourself out and about when your boss messages you with something you have to edit right away or when you have to send something to your client and you’re not near your computer? It’s probably often. Very often. Get access to an online PDF text editor that you can use right from your phone or tablet. AltoPDF is a free online solution that helps users like you change content and add text to PDFs for free.
Go over the step-by-step guidelines below and edit your form or contract on mobile:
- Open a mobile browser. Go to altoeditpdftext.com.
- Upload a document. Upload a file from your device or the cloud.
- Make edits. Pick a page to start adding or changing content.
- Save. Click Done and download the file.
Use AltoPDF’s PDF text editor from anywhere you have a strong internet connection. Manage documents while on the go without the traditional hassle of registering an account and paying for a subscription. Get started today to reap all the benefits.
How to edit text in a PDF on iOS
iPhone’s built-in functions allow you to add text to PDFs for free without having to download or install additional apps. Preview is 100% free. The app supports PDF and other document formats such as .jpg and .png. So, whenever you need to edit PDF text, just use your phone.
Take a look at the instructions below to find out how to add text to a PDF on iOS:.
- Open Preview. Find a file and open it with Preview.
- Utilize the toolbar. Click on the menu button, choose Annotate and the Text tool.
- Modify your document. Start typing and adjust the font, size, and color.
- Save the changes. Click Done to save the edited file.
Unfortunately, Preview doesn’t have the power to change existing content, so if you need to do more than just add information, consider using AltoPDF, a free online solution for managing PDF files online. It’s absolutely free, works great on iPhone and iPad, is secure, and very easy to use.
How to edit text in a PDF on Android
Android users lack built-in features for working with PDF files, but nothing prevents them from utilizing an online PDF text editor. AltoPDF is a comprehensive solution for everyone. Change the content of any document wherever you are. The main advantage of an online service is that you can do anything you need without taking up your device’s storage space. Plus, AltoPDF is free. Use it without registering, buying a subscription, etc.
Learn how to add text to a PDF on Android below:
- Open the website. Go to altoeditpdftext.com.
- Upload a file. Add the document you want to edit.
- Edit its content. Start editing content by clicking on it.
- Save the changes. Download the document or upload it to the cloud.
Edit one file or many files as much as you want or need. Add text to PDFs for free and edit original content without having to register an account or watch annoying ads. The server deletes data and all information after each session, so you don’t have to worry about fraud or data breach. Give AltoPDF a try.
With AltoPDF, you can not only add text but you can also edit the document’s original content. Upload your PDF to the online editor to get started. Pick a tool and click anywhere on the page you need to edit to make changes.